The current instrument is displayed on the top-left button and you can change instruments by touching it.
Some instruments may not make sound in high pitch keys and low pitch keys, because xPiano+ and xPiano use MIDI sound, provided in Android OS.
Multi Touch is supported on Android OS 2.1 and higher.
How many fingers xPiano+ and xPiano can detect depends on your Android phone. This app can handle up to 5 fingers at a time. However, many Android phones currently on the market(Nexus One, HTC Desire...) only support two point multi-touch. Therefore 2 fingers at a time is the muximum limit.
1. Activate Player Mode by touching the Button on the left. You cannnot activate Player Mode while recording, and you cannot record your perfomance in Player Mode.
2. Touching the button an image of a folder is on it to select a music.
3. Touch play button.
Make sound when blue lines pass the red line.
Change the speed of music.
Wait for a key touch
If it's checked, play automatically pause when you have not touched the next key yet. It is useful to practice.
(Play Speed and Wait for a key touch are xPiano+ only)
1. Start recording by touching the top-right button.
3. Press the button again to stop recording and save it.
You can change the width of keys by setting a number of keys displayed at once. The larger the number is, the narrower the keys are.
The range you can choose from is defferent between xPiano+ and xPiano.
If your phone have hardware keyboads or buttons, you can map some functions to keys. Usable keys are a-z, 0-9, delete, enter, search, D-pad up, D-pad down, D-pad left, D-pad right and D-pad center.
Set keyboard in a two-level stack style, just like the image.
(If "Scroll with Finger Move" is checked, this option is not important)
If it's checked, a key make sound when you move your fingers on a display, So you can perform glissando.
If it's not, a key only sound when you touch the key, so one sound per one touch. It may reduce make a sound by error.
Transpose move a note up or down in pitch. If set to +1, C becomes C#, C# becomes D and so on. You can play as usual and make your music a little different.
If this is on, the note value(the length) of sounds is always quarter note. If this is off, a sound remains until you release a key, and when you release the key, the sound stops, a bit abruptly. A kind of fake hold.
xPiano Share is a file share program for xPiano+ and xPiano.
Check on the Android Market
You can upload files you created and download files other people created.
It's still experimental version and there are many things need to be done, but I need more files to test this application and the server. So please try, and if you have suggestions or notice bugs, please let me know.
|Key Width Range||5 ~ 25||7 ~ 13|
1. Check your phone has enough storage. xPiano+ require about 2MB to install.
If xPiano+ is on the list in Application Management, uninstall it and try download again.
2. Reboot your phone and try download again.
3. Clear data of the Android Market Application.
1. Reboot your phone and try install again. Some HTC devieces needed several attempts for successful install.
2. Power off your phone, eject the SD Card, and try install again. You can move the application to SD Card after install.
1. Check your phone's volume and turn up the volume up.
2. Some sound don't make sound in certain keys. Set tone "Acoustic Grand Piano" and check if it sound.
Can't perform Multitouch
Check your phone has Android OS 2.1 or higher version of it and able to handle multitouch.
Can't perform 3 point Multitouch
Check your phone can handle 3 point multitouch. Most of Android devices can only detect 2 point at the same time. xPiano+ can perform 5 point multi touch on Galaxy S.